Sunday, March 13, 2016

An Interlude


So, because making tassets was driving me crazy, I wandered off to make other things. Like a dress. Specifically, this dress: http://www.victoriandreams.nl/product_info.php?products_id=459&language=US&osCsid=1d3138301d1136837a89572ad4786789
What I made isn't exact, especially since I can't see the back, so I had to improvise. But, here is my version:

The fun part about it, is that I had a flat sheet lying around in the dress color, but a lot lighter, in cotton. I made an underdress using it, and when I tried it with my bra on, my boobs looked hella weird. I was originally using the underdress as a bit of a corset, to squish me a bit, so I didn't have yucky folds outlined in the linen (which is what the shell is made of). Turns out, that because of the way I structured the underdress, it substitutes a bra, meaning I don't have any weird lines showing up! It was a happy accident, and i'm really glad that came out to be the case. i'm looking forward to making another version of this dress in a very light cotton, with a cotton underdress. This time, I hope to use a pillow case, since I need white and I don't have a white cotton sheet lying around. If you go my route, I highly recommend using a really good quality sheet as it will be near your skin, and if you use it as a proxy corset, reinforce the seams. Very important.
But yeah, that us my result for a weekend of work. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment