Friday, June 3, 2011

The end of the tunnel (or now)

I have come to realize that I'm not a very good blogger. The problem lies in the fact that I am fairly shy and like to present the best possible image of myself. I generally write my entries out in word, allowing myself the time necessary to edit everything until it sounds just right. Its the secret English major in me. The light has been reached at least for this year. Ive one well.

I knit in times of stress. I thought that with summer here it would be a relatively stress free time for me and that I wouldn't get much knitting done. Unfortunately, several family issues have had me retreating into my little corner of the basement with wool packed around me to muffle the screaming. This time, instead of my usual hat bonanza, I've been knitting lace. That had been a surprise addiction. One minute I've just started my first shaw ĂȘtre next I've got three or four lying around. I'm dazed, I'm shaky, and I have idea where they came from.

Spinning turned out to not be the right pursuit for me. I'm annoyingly perfectionistic sometimes an I though that spinning would go like knitting for me. Knitting, I picked up and it just went and soon I was churning out knitting by the second. Spinning was nothing like that. Instead, my little brother managed to pick it up much faster than I did. He has the same perfectionistic tendencies that I do, but more so. It make for interesting competition.

1 comment:

  1. Step one finish the damn post
    Step two": http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/archives/2006/02/reader_qa.php#comments

    ReplyDelete