Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Anticipation

Currently, I am in summer school. This is both wonderful and terrible. One the one hand, I am getting ahead/catching up to my peers and getting in a an extra bit of credit hours, getting me closer to my degree. On the other hand, I'm studying obsessively and freaking out about exams.
I have a rather interesting reaction to stress. The more there is of it, the more I'm willing to push myself, but at the same time the more I need to get away. In the last year or so, my escape of choice has been the fiber arts. Case in point, I have a huge midterm tomorrow and so I'm desperately fantasizing about learning how to spin. I'm already halfway there, with a neat little bundle of fleece from my LYS and some books. Now I just need a spindle. I'm gonna try and get my grandpa (who is very handy with tools, bored, and here) to make me a couple (top down vs the other way) and try to teach myself from a book. That's how I learned to knit properly, and that's how I would like to learn to spin, at least at first. I plan to take a class after summer school is done, so that I can refine my techniques there.

This is a long way of saying that I plan to learn how to spin. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment